Vice President of Site Management & Development
The VP of Site Management & Development will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and will lead our Site Development team and help expand our supply partner network, which consists of healthcare organizations who provide our research customers with access to patients and their specimens. This position will be responsible for leading a team of professionals developing relationships with hospitals, biorepositories, commercial laboratories, and other healthcare organizations who can provide human specimens (biofluids, tissues, and cells). Working with our Site Development Managers, this position will be charged with building out the pipeline of specimen suppliers, aligned with the company strategy, playing an instrumental role in onboarding the providers into the iSpecimen supply network, and supporting existing accounts to ensure a successful relationship with iSpecimen aligned with business, technology and compliance criteria.
iSpecimen was recently acknowledged by Fast Company as one of 2023’s most innovative companies. Learn more here: https://www.fastcompany.com/90846833/most-innovative-companies-biotech-2023
iSpecimen is a small public company (~100 people) on a mission to accelerate medical research. We are building a marketplace that connects medical researchers to the human biospecimens they need through a network of hundreds of hospitals and labs. We are growing our small engineering team to dramatically improve our data quality and marketplace user experience for researchers and biospecimen suppliers.
Leading a team of Site Development Managers to manage existing accounts effectively, nurturing new accounts, growing key account, and working with operations to efficiently execute feasibility assessments, assist operations to increase fulfillment levels for purchase orders, reduce turnaround time on projects and expand our network of contracted suppliers.
Leading a team of Clinical Research Coordinators working at our client’s sites ensuring effective collection processes tied to key account growth strategy.
And leading company-wide initiatives tied to revenue growth via strategy and plans tied to new product offerings and account expansion.
- Work with the leadership team and Chief Revenue Officer to define internal qualification process and metrics;
- Work with sales and the iSpecimen leadership team, understand researchers’ current and anticipated needs for biospecimens to develop a strategy for supplier development, updating with shifts in the marketplace;
- Collaborating with sales and marketing, develop and grow business opportunities with supply sites at all stages of the business development cycle, including targeting, prospecting, presenting, nurturing, and contract negotiating; and
- Effectively manage large scale, complex contracts negotiations and close new business deals with supply partners, working closely with executives at iSpecimen and the Site Development colleagues.
- Contract management keeping detailed records of contracts and terms of all signed agreeements with collection sites.
- Develop account plans for potential supply partner sites, understanding the decision making process at each site;
- Collaborate with iSpecimen Operations and supply implementations teams, and supplier operations teams to ensure successful technology implementations and other onboarding activities at supply sites; ensuring effective communication and handoffs during the process of both Feasibility Assessments and delivery of orders;
- Create and manage an Account Management Strategy that includes guidance and definition of high value accounts by segment, including supplier KPIs; and
- Manage ongoing relationships with partners sites to ensure their continued success, including regular reporting, on site visitation and relationship management.
Strategy and Senior Leadership
- As needed meet with potential supply partners, helping them to understand the iSpecimen value proposition, negotiating contracts and closing deals with high value sites;
- Manage individual portfolio of sites
- Using your knowledge of and relationships at supply sites, work with sales to target specific opportunities;
- Work with operations to ensure that sites are participating in appropriate projects at at acceptable intervals
- Lead strategic initiatives relevant to Site Development and new revenue opportunities for the company as requested; Technology
- Partner with internal data analysists to develop automated dashboards and reporting for the site development department, with particular attention to growth and monitoring of department goals;
- Develop a solid understanding of the overall Marketplace capabilities, including data integration, and encourage adoption of Marketplace integration whenever possibl
- Align with product & engineering on technology roadmap;
- Prepare data and business reviews to the executive team and as requested;
- Member of the senior leadership team; and
- Other duties as required.
- College degree preferred; business courses or graduate degree a plus
- 7-10 years of business development experience with significant exposure to healthcare systems throughout the US;
- Experience in biopharma/ biotech research environment and or specimen sale/ procurement preferred;
- 5+ years managing a team of professional business development professionals;
- Data-driven profession with experience utilizing market and account data to make strategic decisions;
- Understanding and experience of regulatory requirements related to IRBs, Advarra, and other compliance requirements having to do with specimen procurement and shipping;
- Knowledge of research compliance regulations, such as HIPAA, 45CFR, and 21CFR;
- Knowledge of healthcare operations, including and preferably AP/CP lab operations and administration, IT, compliance, legal, and clinical research;
- Strong presentation and organizational skills;
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing business needs and a willingness to pitch in wherever needed;
- A true leader with a team-oriented attitude with the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization;
- Great people skills, empathy, cheerful outlook and energetic;
- Positive, can-do leader comfortable in a fast-pasted goals-oriented technology start-up setting; and
- Knowledge of the biospecimen market or biospecimen, research a plus.
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include but are not limited to: 12 paid holidays per year; unlimited paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use; medical/dental/vision insurance and health savings account; 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.