Director of Sales & Business Development
iSpecimen was recently acknowledged by Fast Company as one of 2023’s most innovative companies. Learn more here: https://www.fastcompany.com/90846833/most-innovative-companies-biotech-2023
Imagine if we could accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures? Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections. The company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace: https://marketplace.ispecimen.com/signup/loginOrSignUp, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
- Foster, establish, and maintain strong customer relationships across the life science research market – predominantly focusing on in vitro diagnostic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology companies.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through existing relationships, referrals, conference attendance, direct mail, email and networking
- Consult with customers, in collaboration with iSpecimen personnel, on research design requirements and other business issues
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship - including prospecting, account penetration, quote and order generation, delivery and issue resolution
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining contact throughout and beyond the sales cycle, pursuing constructive customer guidance and feedback at all times and resolving customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with the growing operations and marketing teams to develop and refine tools and programs to further penetrate the market and increase revenue
- Set sales objectives and metrics, forecast revenue, manage pipeline, and track sales progress.
- Review all sales systems and processes to ensure efficiency is maintained for entire sales organization.
- Work within a Sales Team in an assigned Zone to achieve goals for key account management, new business acquisition, and line segment specialization.
- Monitor workflows and CRM adherence to ensure all data is clean and look for areas of improvement.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of sales experience with direct experience in the biospecimen market desired
- A comprehensive understanding of the diagnostic, pharmaceutical and/or biotech research processes – from translational, pre-clinical, and clinical
- Team player with strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
- Preferred industry of sales experience in selling to preclinical research & translational research companies
- Significant experience selling to diagnostic & therapeutic companies
- Extensive industry contacts are a significant plus
- Exceptional sales, negotiating and closing skills – additionally, outstanding written & oral communication
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Bachelors or advanced degree in biology or other related, life science disciplines is required
Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections, providing researchers with the specimens they need from the patients they want. The company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include but are not limited to: 10 paid holidays per year; paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.