Associate Project Manager (Biorepository Projects)
iSpecimen was recently acknowledged by Fast Company as one of 2023’s most innovative companies. Learn more here: https://www.fastcompany.com/90846833/most-innovative-companies-biotech-2023
Imagine if we could accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures? Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections. The company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace: https://marketplace.ispecimen.com/signup/loginOrSignUp, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
- Confirm details of customer requests and purchase orders
- Work with supply sites and customers to understand requirements for each request or order, which includes but is not limited to specimens, data, and shipment requirements.
- Collaborate with supply team to ensure that the proper kits are made available to suppliers when applicable.
- Collaborate with data team to ensure that data capture mechanisms are put in place for each project when applicable.
- Create proper order paperwork and statements of work to initiate orders at supply sites.
- Train supply sites on collection, processing and shipping protocols.
- Encourage supply sites to accession and ship in real time.
- Manage orders using iSpecimen Marketplace and other tools.
- Coordinate patient collection and specimen shipment schedules between suppliers and customers.
- Keep customers apprised of the progress of their orders.
The Associate Project Manager also handles feasibility assessments:
- Work with Sales, supplier partners, and our technology to refine the requirements for biospecimen requests.
- Capture and organize requirements, ensure proper entry of Requests into iSpecimen Marketplace.
- Working with the Site Development team and our technology, assign the most appropriate supply sites to each Request.
- Track and manage feasibility assessments across all supply sites and all Requests.
- Ensure that suppliers are kept apprised of the status of their Requests, including those where we are awaiting an order from a customer and those where they did not win the order.
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Work with technology team to identify software enhancements needed to more efficiently bring opportunities from inquiry to fulfilment.
- Associates degree in biological science or similar level of experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in clinical research preferred
- Knowledge of clinical trials, IRB protocols and related topics
- Strong working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and FDA regulations related to clinical research
- Exceptional computer skills, including intermediate mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Great organizational skills are essential
- Great interpersonal skills. Someone who likes working with people, has a positive attitude, and is energetic
- Self-starter who likes to get things done and has an appetite for continuous learning
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, think creatively and come up with new, valuable approaches
Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections, providing researchers with the specimens they need from the patients they want. The company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include but are not limited to: 10 paid holidays per year; paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.