2015 Year in Review
December 23, 2015
Grab a cup o’ kindness, we’re reflecting on our most memorable moments from 2015! With each year’s end comes the chance to look at back at all we’ve achieved thus far. From internal growth to significant press to collaborative efforts, we are pleased to present our biggest accomplishments and milestones this year:
- February 2015 – Began the year by moving into new, larger office space to accommodate our growth in business and in staff
- April 2015 – Achieved a 400% year-over-year increase for number of specimens under management by effectively expanding our supply network
- May 2015 – Released completely redesigned, cloud-based specimen procurement technology, including iSpecimen Curator® and iSpecimen Guardian®, that searches our nationwide network of specimen suppliers in real time. Began proactive public relations activities.
- May 2015 – Unveiled our new technology by exhibiting at the 2015 ISBER Annual Meeting
- June 2015 – Expanded Senior Management Team with the hire of Doug Williams, Chief Technology Officer, formerly of Runkeeper and Zipcar
- June 2015 – Hit our highest level of web traffic to date, equal to a 600% year-over-year increase
- October 2015 – Announced our first Health Information Exchange (along with one of its member hospitals) as part of our supplier network – DHIN was the first operational state-wide HIE in the nation
- October 2015 – CEO Chris Ianelli, MD, PhD, spoke at the Personalized & Precision Medicine Conference on current proposed revisions to the Department of Health & Human Services’ Common Rule
- December 2015 – Released an independent study validating the existence of a “philanthropic patient”, revealing that more than 80% of Americans are willing to allow the use of their clinical remnants in medical research
- December 2015 – Selected as a 2015 Product Innovator by PM360 (Pharmaceutical Marketing)
- December 2015 – 20 pieces of press coverage to date in the 7 months since launching a PR initiative as well as 50% year-over-year growth in Facebook and Twitter followers and 40% year-over-year growth in LinkedIn followers
- January 2016 – Still to be seen, but we are certainly ready and excited for all that lies ahead in 2016!
Wishing a very happy & healthy New Year to all of our partners, customers, and readers alike!
Request a Quote