Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly-skilled, self-motived Software Engineer with strong communication and technical skills to join our collaborative environment. This individual will be responsible for working closely with our team to bring innovative software to market to accelerate research. This senior full-stack developer should be comfortable with design and development on a Java platform.
Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is a public company (Nasdaq: ISPC) that has developed and operates the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients, specimens, and data with the researchers who need them.
- Designing and developing solutions across the range of our offerings including:
- Platform – augmenting the core Java platform running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Linux and optimizing our data layer running on Elasticsearch and Postgres
- Integration – data modeling, interface design, and adding new data sources and API’s for acquiring healthcare care data
- Collaborating with QA, product management, design, and other stakeholders to deliver complete solutions
- Ensuring the testability, performance, and reliability of deliverables
- Five+ years of full-stack, real-world development experience preferably with healthcare experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with confidence and a clear vision
- Proven track record of delivering complex software projects on time with superior quality
- Self-starter who manages multiple assignments simultaneously and drives to completion
- Desire to think creatively and come up with new approaches to solve challenging problems
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Technology professional with a strong sense of business ethics
- Solid foundation of engineering competency, with a passion for execution and delivery
- Practiced in Agile philosophy using scrum framework
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with microservices architecture using Spring Framework
- Experience with data modeling, APIs, and integrating data sources
- Experience in Elasticsearch, Webpack, and AWS would be a plus
- Understands the importance of adapting best practices around platform and data security
- Ability to work cross-functionally in providing support for teams in QA and Customer Support
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include, but are not limited to, 10 paid holidays per year; discretionary (unlimited) paid time off for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; stock incentive plan; and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.