Senior Software Engineer
Imagine if we could accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures? Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections. The privately held company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
We are looking for a highly-skilled, self-motived Senior Software Engineer with strong communication and technical skills to join our collaborative environment. This individual will be responsible for working closely with our team to bring innovative software to market to accelerate bioresearch. This senior full-stack developer should be comfortable with design and development on a Java platform.
- Designing and developing solutions across the range of our offerings including:
- Platform – augmenting the core Java platform running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Linux and optimizing our data layer running on ElasticSearch and Postgres
- Integration – data modeling, interface design, and adding new data sources and API’s for acquiring healthcare care data
- Mentoring other team members to foster more engineering expertise
- Collaborating with QA, product management, design, and other stakeholders to deliver complete solutions
- Ensuring the testability, performance, and reliability of deliverables
- Five+ years of full-stack, real-world development experience preferably with healthcare experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with confidence and a clear vision
- Proven track record of delivering complex software projects on time with superior quality
- Self-starter who manages multiple assignments simultaneously and drives to completion
- Desire to think creatively and come up with new approaches to solve challenging problems
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Technology professional with a strong sense of business ethics
- Solid foundation of engineering competency, with a passion for execution and delivery
- Practiced in Agile philosophy
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with data modeling, APIs, and integrating data sources
- Understands the importance of adapting best practices around platform and data security
- Ability to work cross-functionally in providing support for teams in QA and Customer Support
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits including ten paid holidays per year, paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use, health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, and a 401(K) retirement plan.