Market Response Representative
Imagine if we could accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures. Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections. The company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace™, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
The Market Response Representative will be responsible for managing, tracking, and reporting on outbound prospecting activities that generate sales leads among new business targets in high growth segments and newly funded organizations. The individual chosen for this position will also be responsible for working with the Market Response Manager to intercept inbound sales leads for qualification prior to sales hand-off. The role will offer the right high-energy individual the ability to have an enormous impact on the company’s bottom line by increasing the customer base and accelerating revenue growth.
Responsibilities of the Market Response Representative
- Utilize our database technologies to source and collect account and contact names for targeted, outbound prospecting purposes. Manage all aspects of list management, uploading to the marketing database, orchestrating multi-touch and multi-week outreach, tracking and reporting of KPIs tied to prospecting activities.
- By using the systems we have employed along with assistance from content marketing, use research to align prospecting lists with relevant email content to position aspects of the company’s portfolio in the most compelling manner possible.
- Establishing consistent, repeatable processes and documentation to measure and report prospecting progress in real-time, including monthly/quarterly reporting for sales and marketing leadership.
- Working with Market Response Manager on high volume of inbound in order to support BANT qualification and handoffs to sales in a timely manner; will require proactive initiative to train and learn about the complexities and terminologies associated with biospecimen research.
- Work with internal technology and personnel to determine the feasibility of specific quote requests as needed.
- Extend expertise and acumen to help the marketing team advance and streamline its processes for the documentation and reporting of all lead activity, conversions, and resulting Purchase Orders to enable dynamic dashboard views and efficient, accurate reporting for ongoing analysis, necessary course correction, and leadership report outs.
- Help ensure a top-notch customer journey by maintaining contact throughout early stages of the sales cycle.
Qualifications of Market Response Representative
- 3+ years of experience working in a clinical lab environment with an eagerness to move into a sales position or 3+ years of sales experience to the diagnostic industry with a willingness to learn about clinical lab tests and samples
- Prior experience in the human biospecimens industry a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time effectively
- Exceptional sales, follow-up, and closing skills
- Team player with strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
- Prior inside sales training and knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelors or advanced degree in medical technology, biology, chemistry or other life sciences desired
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits including ten paid holidays per year, unlimited paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use, health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings account, flexible spending account, and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.