Customer Support Specialist – U.S. West Coast
iSpecimen was recently named one of the top 20 innovators in the healthcare industry in the Technology Innovators Healthcare Issue! Learn more here: https://www.technology-innovators.com/ispecimen/
Imagine if we could help accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures. Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace™, an innovative, online biospecimen procurement platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
iSpecimen, a rapidly-growing healthcare and life science technology company headquartered just outside of Boston, MA, is seeking a highly-motivated Customer Support Specialist to join our team and cover the U.S. West Coast. This individual will be responsible providing customer service and product support to current/prospective customers, as well as to sales, additionally this individual will have the ability to impact ongoing product development based on unique insight into customer needs. As a Customer Support Specialist you will be the first line interface in all support matters. In doing so, one will work closely with sales teams, piloting customers and commercial customers. The Operations team works closely with iSpecimen sales personnel, researchers, and hospital/laboratory partners so great communications skills is a must. The position reports to the Manager of Quality and Customer Support.
- Advance iSpecimen’s purpose of unlocking global research resource by supporting and contributing to iSpecimen’s product quality and excellent customer support. Provide prompt and expert technical support and guidance to customers over both phone and email and facilitate cross-functional activities to resolve issues and continuously inform and improve internal processes.
- Responsible for overall Customer Success; serve as a technical product sales and customer support contact for inquiries pertaining to all iSpecimen products and iSpecimen Marketplace
- Respond to support inquiries from world-wide commercial and piloting customers
- Support Sales team efforts in acquiring new customers
- Monitor customer accounts to ensure highest standard or service
- Collaborate with development teams to support new products and features
- Contributes to the development of key initiatives to improve business processes and customer delivery.
- Assist in creating training videos and/or technical documentation to provide customer support for utilization of the iSpecimen Marketplace and to promote increased utilization and drive interest at the customer level.
- Handle incoming product quality complaints, including requests for more data, returns and replacements, project status requests etc.
- Utilize iSpecimen’s QMS to document customer feedback on iSpecimen products, support root cause analysis of the issue, implementation of corrective and preventive actions as needed and provide clients with the proper resolution.
- Continually evaluate and provide support infrastructure and workflows to provide the best and most efficient customer support and also facilitate the reporting of key metrics
- Inform the company’s strategic customer support activities, policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing support role
- Bachelors degree in medical laboratory science/life sciences; equivalent combination of experience and education considered
- Ability to regularly work standard PST business hours to accommodate West Coast customers
- Broad knowledge of product development workflows preferred
- Broad knowledge clinical pathology specimens, clinical research and related tests preferred
- Exceptional computer skills, including intermediate mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with using Salesforce and Salesforce configuration highly preferred
- Great interpersonal skills, enjoys collaboration with others, and has a positive attitude
- Self-starter who likes to get things done and has an appetite for continuous learning
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, think creatively and come up with new, valuable approaches, positive outlook, thrives at continuous improvements always wanting to do better.
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits including ten paid holidays per year, paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use, health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.