Business Intelligence Lead
iSpecimen seeks a Business Intelligence Lead to own the delivery of critical insights to our stakeholders both internally and externally. You will come to the position with a deep curiosity for data, the ability to work with others to uncover questions that will make an impact, ensure the required quality data and information is available to answer these questions, and enable a data-driven decision making culture.
Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is a public company (Nasdaq: ISPC) that has developed and operates the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients, specimens, and data with the researchers who need them.
- Deliver data management and reporting functions providing dashboards and reports
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand long term and short terms goals and implements technical solutions and enhancements to achieve those objectives
- Identify opportunities and continuously enhance reporting services to meet organizational needs
- Work with Product Management, understand what insights our internal and external stakeholders would benefit from through our Marketplace platform, define inputs into our Product Roadmap, and develop solutions integrated into our Marketplace platform to meet the prioritized needs and timelines
- Manage the business intelligence backlog process ensuring that the right efforts are prioritized based on well defined criteria resulting in optimal business impact
- Design, build, and deploy business intelligence solutions including the distribution of self-service data reports and dashboards
- Maintain a pulse on technology and data innovation in our key markets and drive new technology into the product roadmap as needed
- Establish best practices and quality control process for reporting data
- Train users on dashboard and tool usage
- Establish a centralized data dictionary and single source of truth for key metrics used across the organization
- Guide the design and implementation of the data warehouse data pipelines to ensure high-quality data from multiple source systems is available in an easily accessible form
- Design, implement, and support current and future analytical and reporting database models and data warehousing projects
- Analyze and interpret data quality, anomalies, and defects
- Define and use key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress
Education, Work Experience, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Management, or equivalent
- Minimum six years business intelligence experience
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to data quality
- Passion for working with others to understand stakeholder needs
- Ability to capture and prioritize requirements
- Comfort working in an Agile Scrum/Kanban environment with continuous delivery
- Experience with one or more data and business intelligence tools (e.g. Collibra, Alation, Tableau, Sisense, Fivetran, Matillion) and working with vendors and partners to implement them
- Strong SQL skills and relational database knowledge
- Deep experience with healthcare data
- Ability to project manage under tight timelines, prioritizing needs and multi-tasking in fast-paced environments
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include, but are not limited to, 10 paid holidays per year; discretionary (unlimited) paid time off for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; stock incentive plan; and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.