Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk
Imagine if we could accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures. Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections. iSpecimen has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them.
We are looking to add a sharp, detail-oriented professional to our rapidly growing finance team in Lexington, MA. The Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk, will own all aspects of the accounts payable process and certain components of the accounts receivable process. The applicant must demonstrate the ability to ensure achievement of deadlines and objectives. This is a great opportunity for someone eager to learn and/or continue to develop skills with an experienced finance team at an exciting stage in the Company’s growth. We seek a motivated, hands-on individual with requisite accounting and finance skills to help us lead our financial team into our next phase.
Responsibilities of Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk
- Review all vendor invoices for accuracy and verify their validity compared to purchase orders.
- Schedule vendor payments or follow up on any discrepancies and correct issues prior to scheduling vendor payments.
- Code vendor invoices and expense reports to the correct financial accounts to accurately and timely record transactions in the accounting system.
- Ensure entry of all vendor invoices into the accounts payable system in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate vendor master files and financial records for all vendors and their contact information, payable transactions, verifications, adjustments, etc..
- Transfer all vendor invoices from the accounts payable system to the accounting system.
- Ensure that all payments made to vendors have been recorded in the accounting system.
- Monitor the Company credit card, coding and recording all items to the correct GL account when entering into accounting system.
- Credit and collection responsibilities for accounts receivable.
- Recording bank transactions (cash receipts) into the accounting system.
Qualifications of Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk
- Working towards or completion of a college degree is preferred.
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and propose alternative approaches.
- Proficiency with financial software, data analytics and warehouses.
- Strong independent research ability and analytical skills.
- Hard worker…willing to go the extra mile.
- Willing to learn new things, be challenged and grow professionally.
- Customer service oriented…whether it be with internal or external customers.
- Self-starter and a strong ability to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Generate monthly reports to send to specific vendors and customers..
- Handle vendor or internal correspondence for any issues or queries that may arise.
- Reconcile all bank debits during monthly, quarterly and yearly close.
- Keep the vendor and customer master files up to date with correct vendor, customer and payment information in multiple systems.
- Calculate payroll and commission journal entries on a monthly/quarterly/ annual basis.
- Assist with the accounting close and financial reporting process.
- Clean up the current vendor and customer files across all systems.
- Switch all vendors to ACH.
- Other special projects as identified from time to time that take common sense, organization and research capabilities.
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits including ten paid holidays per year, flexible paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use, medical/dental/vision insurance, health savings accounts, and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $38,000 annually