Senior Software Engineer (105-2)
Senior Software Engineer (iSpecimen Inc., Lexington, MA)
Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is a public company (Nasdaq: ISPC) that has developed and operates the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients, specimens, and data with the researchers who need them.
- Works closely with engineering team members to bring innovative software to market to accelerate bioresearch. Designs and develops secure software solutions across a range of offerings including:
- Platform – augmenting the core Java platform running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Linux and optimizing our data layer running on ElasticSearch and Postgres
- Integration – data modeling, interface design, and adding new data sources and API’s for acquiring healthcare care data
- Mentors other team members to foster more engineering expertise
- Collaborates with QA, product management, design, and other stakeholders to deliver complete solutions
- Ensures the testability, performance, and reliability of deliverables
- Responsible for making informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of software services and applications at scale.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing and Information Technologies, Applied and Computational Mathematics, or closely-related field and 5 years of progressively responsible experience as software engineer/developer. In the alternative, will accept a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing and Information Technologies, Applied and Computational Mathematics, or a closely related field and 3 years of experience as software engineer/developer.
Qualifying experience, which may have been gained concurrently, must be full-stack, real-world development experience, and include the following:
- Design and development of Healthcare systems software solutions
- Data modeling, APIs, and integrating data sources
Qualified candidates for consideration will be expected to have a strong understanding in the following:
- The importance of adapting best practices around platform and data security including HIPAA
- Agile Scrum development
- Relational and Non-relational databases like Postgres, SQL Server, and Elasticsearch
- Data visualization
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits including ten paid holidays per year, paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use, health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.