Senior Contracts Manager
iSpecimen is currently seeking a highly-skilled contracts manager to join our team. This individual will be responsible for preparing and reviewing legal agreements and templates, assisting in contract negotiations, tracking and managing contracts and terms, and providing legal and regulatory guidance as needed. This is a challenging, yet very rewarding, role and a fantastic opportunity to be work closely with our team as we help advance medical research worldwide.
Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is a public company (Nasdaq: ISPC) that has developed and operates the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients, specimens, and data with the researchers who need them.
- Prepare and review legal documents and contracts such as procurement agreements, non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, statements of work, and other agreements as needed
- Establish and maintain supplier and customer relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters
- Track contractual terms in a CRM to help ensure compliance with terms of the agreements
- Assists in compliance with internal and external audit requirements, including HIPAA and GDPR
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation
- Conduct research on relevant laws and regulations including general corporate law, health care law, and regulatory issues
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders
- Work closely with CEO, COO, CIO, sales team, and site development team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, law, or related field; paralegal certificate; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant contract experience, including contract review, negotiation, and execution
- Familiarity with regulations surrounding HIPAA privacy and security regulations and/or human subject research preferred
- Experience with clinical trial contracting a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgement and discretion
- Easily approachable, professional, and a strong sense of business ethics
- Excellent organizational, computer skills, and a strong attention to detail
- A versatile personality with proven interpersonal skills and the ability to handle a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment with confidence and a clear vision
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include, but are not limited to, 10 paid holidays per year; discretionary (unlimited) paid time off for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; stock incentive plan; and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.