This individual will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. This individual will reconcile account balances and bank statements, maintain the general ledger and manage month-end close procedures and report generation. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Imagine if we could accelerate healthcare discovery leading to more effective treatment and cures. Here at iSpecimen, we are working to get researchers the specimens they need from the patients they want to do just that. Headquartered in Lexington, MA, iSpecimen is the marketplace for human biospecimen collections. The privately held company has developed the iSpecimen Marketplace, an online platform connecting healthcare organizations that have access to patients and specimens with the scientists who need them. iSpecimen was recently acknowledged by Fast Company as one of 2023’s most innovative companies. Learn more here: https://www.fastcompany.com/90846833/most-innovative-companies-biotech-2023
- Prepares asset, liability, and equity account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepares financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Directs internal and external audits to ensure compliance
Qualifications of Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or similar field required, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
- 3+ years of FAS 123R experience
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills. Knowledge of Sage Intacct is a plus
- CPA certification a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include, but are not limited to, 10 paid holidays per year; discretionary (unlimited) paid time off for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; stock incentive plan; and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.