Manager of Sales & Business Development
iSpecimen, a rapidly-growing healthcare and life science technology company headquartered just outside of Boston, MA, is seeking a highly-motivated Manager of Sales & Business Development. The individual chosen for this position will be responsible for setting and achieving revenue generation and customer satisfaction goals in line with the company growth plan.
- Foster, establish, and maintain strong customer relationships across the life science research market – predominantly focusing on in vitro diagnostic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology companies.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through existing relationships, referrals, conference attendance, direct mail, email and networking
- Consult with customers in collaboration with iSpecimen personnel, on research design requirements and other business issues
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship – including prospecting, account penetration, quote and order generation, delivery and issue resolution
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining contact throughout and beyond the sales cycle, pursuing constructive customer guidance and feedback at all times and resolving customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with the growing operations and marketing teams to develop and refine tools and programs to further penetrate the market and increase revenue
- Minimum of 5-10 years of sales experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the diagnostic, pharmaceutical and/or biotech research processes – from translational, pre-clinical, and clinical
- Preference for individuals that have sold similar products for R&D use
- Team player with strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
- Preferred industry of sales experience in selling to preclinical research & translational research companies
- Significant experience selling to diagnostic & therapeutic companies
- Extensive industry contacts are a significant plus
- Exceptional sales, negotiating and closing skills – additionally, outstanding written & oral communication
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Bachelors or advanced degree in biology or other related, life science disciplines is required
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits including ten paid holidays per year, paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use, health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, and a 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.