Laboratory Operations Specialist
The Laboratory Operations Specialist will be responsible for the intake, processing, storage, and shipment of biospecimens and data. In addition, this position is responsible for the ongoing organization and maintenance of the iSpecimen lab.
- Process inbound shipments, including verification of specimen integrity
- Prepare outgoing shipments, including proper organization of specimens and reconciliation with shipment documentation
- Perform centrifugation, pooling, aliquoting, and other basic lab techniques
- Organize iSpecimen Bio inventory
- Handle orders for specimens from iSpecimen Bio inventory
- Maintain supplies and general organization of the lab
- Perform routine lab maintenance including daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement, working closely with technology team to provide input and suggestions on ways to automate lab workflow
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- 1 year of experience in a clinical or research laboratory required
- Associates Degree in biological sciences is a plus
- Relevant laboratory and/or specimen-processing experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety protocols
- Exceptional computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills. Likes working with people. Positive attitude. Happy. Energetic.
- Self-starter who likes to get things done and has an appetite for continuous learning
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, think creatively and come up with new, valuable approaches
- Proven track record of attention to detail and ability to work in a continually changing environment
- Easily approachable, tech savvy, professional, and a strong sense of business ethics
iSpecimen offers a generous suite of comprehensive benefits. These include but are not limited to: 10 paid holidays per year; paid time off (PTO) for vacation, sick, or personal use; health insurance and health savings accounts; 401(K) retirement plan.
iSpecimen is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.